- fat for frying
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/2 oz mozzarella
- 10 fresh tomatoes
- 4 veal cutlets 1-inch thick, 3-1/2 - 4 oz each
- Place veal inside plastic wrap and pound it. Remove plastic wrap and season with salt and pepper. Cut the mozzarella into pieces. Place mozzarella pieces and basil leave into the meat pockets.
For the breadcrumb coating:
- Pour the flour into a soup plate. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with some salt and pepper. Smash up the cornflakes with a rolling pin and fill them into yet another soup plate.
- Now it is time to crumb the veal. First pull the veal from both sides through the flour, then through the egg mass. After that, coat the veal on both sides with cornflakes and place it on a separate plate.
- Brown the veal in a heavily greased pan, for 2 minutes on each side, or until done, then place the veal on a paper towel to soak up any of the access fat.
- Boil the tomatoes season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar in half a cup of water in a covered pot till they are really soft. Now blend the tomatoes and add the basil. Pour some of the tomato basil sauce on a plate and place the veal on top.
- Serve this dish with German noodles such as those from Alb-Gold, Bechtle or Riesa. Guten Appetit!