A summer dip, using German quark and yogurt, with a selections of summer herbs such as scallions, parsley, and dill, with mint, coriander, cumin, and lemon.
- 1 cup quark
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 spring onions chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or coriander
- a few good pinches cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the quark with the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add the garlic, onion, herbs, cumin, lemon and plenty of seasoning.
- Spoon into an attractive bowl and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Serve with raw vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, celery cut into finger-sized lengths.