A summer dip, using German quark and yogurt, with a selections of summer herbs such as scallions, parsley, and dill, with mint, coriander, cumin, and lemon.
- 1 cup quark
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 spring onions chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or coriander
- a few good pinches cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix the quark with the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add the garlic, onion, herbs, cumin, lemon and plenty of seasoning.
Spoon into an attractive bowl and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Serve with raw vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, celery cut into finger-sized lengths.