Lachs auf Sonnenblumenbrot
Omega 3 rich smoked salmon on top of healthy sunflower seed bread, with apples, pumpkin seeds, dill and apple cream cheese.
- 4 slices sunflower seed whole grain bread
- 3-1/2 oz cream cheese 100g
- 2 small apples
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 1 sprig dill
- lemon juice
Recipe courtesy of Mestemacher
- Cut sunflower seed bread (or any other German whole grain bread of your choice) in half. Roast in pan on low/medium heat along with pumpkin seeds until crispy.
- Wash apples. Cut both into two halves and remove seeds. Cut one apple into 8 thin slices. Cut the other apple into small cubes.
- Chop the dill finely. Mix gently along with roasted pumpkin seeds and apple cubes into the cream cheese.
- Place a slice of salmon onto the whole grain bread and spread creme cheese mix on top. Decorate each slice with apple slices and a sprig of dill.