Braised spiced plums with wine and brandy makes a side dish that adds some extra spiff and flavor to meals featuring turkey, pork, duck or beef.
- 8 plums halved and seeded
- 1-3/4 oz unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3.4 oz port wine
- 3.4 oz red wine
- pinch cinnamon
- 3/4 oz plum brandy such as Schladerer
- Lightly braise the plum halves in butter and the sugar until juice comes out.
- Add port wine and red wine and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Cook at higher temperatures to reduce the liquid by half.
- Pour in the plum brandy, stir for half a minute and serve.