Putenspieße mit heißen Brombeeren
Juicy skewers with grilled turkey breast, squash and onions, drizzled with a flavorful blackberry sauce and served with grilled slices of baguette.
- 3/4 lb turkey breast
- 1/2 shallot
- 2 oz fresh blackberries 60g
- 1/4 lb each of zucchini and yellow squash
- butter for the pan
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- 4 tablespoons beef stock
- 1 tablespoon crème de cassis
- 1 tablespoon aceto balsamico (balsamic vinegar)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons herb butter Kräuterbutter
- 1 demi baguette
- 1/2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
Recipe courtesy of German Celebrity Chef Armin Rossmeier
- Cut the turkey breast into big cubes (1-1/4 inch wide). Clean the shallot and slice it thinly. Clean the squash, cut them in half and cut into half moon-shaped slices. Assemble the skewers with meat, squash and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the rack of your grill. Place the skewers on the grill and cook until the meat is done but still juicy.
- In a non-stick sauté pan melt some butter, add the pine nuts and blackberries and gently stir. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and beef stock and simmer until the sauce has reduced a bit. Add the crème de cassis, the balsamico and green peppercorns and combine everything well.
- Cut the demi baguette into 6 slices. Spread the slices with herb butter and place them on the grill, buttered side facing down.
- Arrange the skewers crosswise on a serving plate and drizzle with the blackberry sauce. Arrange the grilled slices of baguette on the plate and serve immediately.