A great German Christmas cookie with a homemade Lebkuchen flavor, spiced chocolate walnut cookies are glazed with apricot jam and drizzled with melted chocolate.
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 80 walnut halves
- 6 fresh eggs
- 1-2/3 cups apricot jam 200g
- 1-2/3 cups dark chocolate icing 200g
- 1-2/3 cups dark chocolate 200g
- 1-2/3 cups unsalted butter 200g
- 1-2/3 cups sugar 200g
- 1/2 cup flour 100g
- 1-2/3 cups chopped walnuts 200g
- unsalted butter for the cookie sheet
- Melt chocolate and let it cool down a little. Cream butter; add egg yolks, sugar and chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add egg whites with flour, chopped walnuts and spices to the chocolate mixture. Mix everything, roll out the dough and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake on middle rack for 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Heat the apricot jam together with 2 tablespoons of water in a pot und press it through a sieve. Use a brush to coat the cookies with the apricot jam. Melt the chocolate icing and carefully pour over the apricot glaze. Place the walnut halves evenly over the cake and cut it in little squares.