- 1 can sauerkraut with wine drained (28-oz)
- 3 cups packaged shredded cabbage mix for coleslaw*
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large fresh apple peeled (if desired), cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small fresh red onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp celery seed optional
- Drain sauerkraut in colander. Combine sauerkraut, coleslaw mix, walnuts, apple, onion, and parsley in large bowl; toss to mix. Set aside.
- Whisk vegetable oil, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and celery seed, if desired, in medium bowl. Place in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until hot, and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over sauerkraut and cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.