Lauwarmer Spargelsalat mit Bärlauchpesto
(Lauwarmer Spargelsalat mit Bärlauchpesto) Warm asparagus are arranged over fresh arrugula leaves and topped with a wild garlic pesto dressing.
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly grated artisan cheese Bergkäse
- 1 tsp honey
- 3-1/2 oz cold-pressed rapeseed oil (Rapsöl or canola oil), 100 ml
- 2 oz pine nuts 50 g
- 3-1/2 oz fresh wild garlic leaves 100 g
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil (Rapsöl or canola oil)
- 7 oz arugula 200 g
- 2 lbs white asparagus
- Wash the asparagus and peel the spears from just below the head downwards. To a pan of boiling water add salt, sugar and some lemon juice and cook the asparagus to desired texture (10 minutes recommended).
- Thoroughly wash the wild garlic leaves and place them in a tall narrow container. Add the rapeseed oil and honey and puré with a hand or immersion mixer. Add the pine nuts and the grated cheese and, blend again and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat rapeseed oil in a pan and quickly sauté the asparagus. Season to taste and marinate the spears with rapeseed oil and vinegar. Arrange the asparagus on a large serving plate, drizzle with the pesto dressing. Top with the rinsed arugula leaves, drizzle with remainder of the dressing and serve immediately.