Lauwarmer Spargelsalat mit Bärlauchpesto
(Lauwarmer Spargelsalat mit Bärlauchpesto) Warm asparagus are arranged over fresh arrugula leaves and topped with a wild garlic pesto dressing.
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated artisan cheese Bergkäse
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3-1/2 oz cold-pressed rapeseed oil (Rapsöl or canola oil), 100 ml
- 2 oz pine nuts 50 g
- 3-1/2 oz fresh wild garlic leaves 100 g
- lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed rapeseed oil (Rapsöl or canola oil)
- 7 oz arugula 200 g
- 2 lbs white asparagus
Wash the asparagus and peel the spears from just below the head downwards. To a pan of boiling water add salt, sugar and some lemon juice and cook the asparagus to desired texture (10 minutes recommended).
Thoroughly wash the wild garlic leaves and place them in a tall narrow container. Add the rapeseed oil and honey and puré with a hand or immersion mixer. Add the pine nuts and the grated cheese and, blend again and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Heat rapeseed oil in a pan and quickly sauté the asparagus. Season to taste and marinate the spears with rapeseed oil and vinegar. Arrange the asparagus on a large serving plate, drizzle with the pesto dressing. Top with the rinsed arugula leaves, drizzle with remainder of the dressing and serve immediately.