This variation of classic Italian pesto uses wild garlic (ramps) and has rapidly gained popularity in Germany. Serve with cooked meats, pasta, or anywhere you'd use the classic pesto.
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan or favorite artisan cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed rapeseed oil (Rapsöl or canola oil)
- 3 oz wild garlic ramps, Bärlauch
- Thoroughly rinse wild garlic leaves, drain well and chop coarsely.
- Add the leaves, the oil, pine nuts and cheese to a mixer or food processor and mix until the ingredients come together in a smooth paste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.