Wild garlic (also called ramps, rampson's garlic or barlauch) is featured in this zesty spring cream soup.
- 3-1/2 oz wild garlic 100g
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 pint vegetable stock 250 ml
- 1 cup milk
- Thoroughly wash, dry and chop the wild garlic leaves. In a mixer or food processor, purée the leaves with 1 tablespoon heave cream and a pinch of salt.
- Finely chop the onion and sauté it in the butter. Dust with the flour and stir well. Continue stirring while gradually adding the vegetable stock.
- Add the milk and the wild garlic, season with salt, pepper, sugar and nutmeg. Add the remaining cream and serve soup with a dollop of cream.