A dark chocolate cake with a pineapple and slightly tart, creamy yogurt and whipped cream filling.
- 1 box Kathi Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs 200g
- 3/4 tbsp water
- 13 oz heavy whipping cream 400 g
- 2 cups plain yogurt 500 g
- 8 white gelatin sheets
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 can pineapple pieces 17.6 oz, 500 g
Recipe courtesy of Kathi Baking Mixes
For the cake:
- Prepare Kathi's Chocolate Cake Mix as directed, using the eggs, butter, and water.. Pour the dough evenly into a well floured and greased 10-inch springform pan (26 cm). Bake as directed approx. 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- When cool, remove cake from pan and cut it horizontally in half to make two layers. Place one layer on a cake plate and enclose with a cake setting ring.
For the Filling:
- Place gelatin sheets in warm water, let soak and dissolve as directed. Let the liquid cool down.
- Meanwhile stir plain yogurt until smooth. Fold 1 tbsp yogurt into the dissolved gelatin. Now fold this mixture into the remaining yogurt.
- Put heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla sugar into a bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the yogurt, once it is gelling, carefully into the stiffened whipped cream.
- Cover the first cake layer evenly with a little of the whipped cream-yogurt mix, cover it evenly with pineapple pieces.
- Add the top cake layer and spread the rest of the yogurt-cream evenly on top.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours.