This satisfying dinner is good any time of year -- the salmon can be prepared under the broiler during cool weather.
For the Mustard-Horseradish Salmon:
- 2 tsp German hot mustard
- 1 tsp German creamy-style horseradish
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 6- oz salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon cut in half
For the Creamy Noodles & Vegetables:
- 1 package German egg noodles 16 ounces
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- For the salmon, prepare grill to medium-high heat. Whisk together mustard, horseradish and vegetable oil, and rub mixture over salmon fillets. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill 4 to 6 minutes per side, turning once, or just until fish flakes easily.
- Remove from grill and squeeze with lemon juice. Serve over Creamy Noodles & Vegetables.
- For the noodles & vegetables, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. When noodles are about 7 minutes from being done, add broccoli to pot. Drain noodles and broccoli and return to pot. Turn heat to low, and stir in butter and cream. Stir in spinach. Serve when butter is melted and spinach is wilted.