- 16 Brandt Zwieback toasts
- 2 red or green peppers
- 4 shallots
- 1 leek white part only
- 1/4 lb salami
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped Gouda or Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Grease cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and wash. Peel shallots and clean the leek. Cut peppers into stripes and shallots and leek into rings. Cube the salami, or if sliced, roll and cut into strips.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and sauté all ingredients for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and keep warm. Peel cloves of garlic, crush and mix the mashed garlic with the milk and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, add 4 Zwieback toasts, and pour one quarter of the egg and milk mixture over the Zwieback. Sauté on both sides till golden brown, flipping Zwiebacks at least once. Prepare the rest of the Zwieback toasts the same way.
- Lay 4 toasts side by side to make one pizza. Put all four "pizzas" on a greased cookie sheet, top with the cooked vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in preheated 400° F oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve hot.