Best By Date: JULY 2022. The products are safe to consume and do not lose quality for five months after the Best By Date.
Aurora is one of Germany’s best known flour brands. This Country-style bread making flour mix (“Landbrot”) contains 52% rye flour, 35% wheat flour, rye whole grain sour dough, yeast, wheat bran, barley malt flour and more. A perfect solution to make your own German country (Landbrot), either in the overn or in the bread making machine.
Rye flour (52%), wheat flour, sour dough powder (from whole grain rye), glucose, dry yeast, iodized salt, barley malt flour, ascorbic acid
All Aurora bread flour mixes contain ingredients based on a selection of natural, quality raw materials. Only the best grains are mixed and milled in a careful process. Only sour dough and yeast make the dough rise. All ingredients are subject to the strictest quality controls.
Instructions when using bread making machines: Ingredients: 500g bread flour mix, 340ml water (cold, 10-12°C); Program: bread, normal browning: dark
Instructions when using the oven: Ingredients: 500g bread flour mix, 340ml water (lukewarm, 35-40°C)
- Preheat oven to 215 °C / 420° F (200°C in convection oven)
- Combine bread flour mix and water in a bowl. Using a hand mixer with kneading hook, knead dough for three minutes on highest level until it is soft and homogenous. Cover dough with a cloth and let rest for 30 minutes in a warm place until dough has significantly risen. *
- Knead dough again briefly by hand, place dough into bread loaf pan (25cm), smooth surface with spatula and let rise again in a warm place for another 40 minutes.
- Brush water on the dough surface, cut an incision lengthwise with a sharp knife, and place form on middle level in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes, remove loaf pan from oven and place bread on wooden board or grill to cool.
* In some places with higher altitude, we recommend preheating the oven to 200°F, place dough into oven and switch off heat.
- Weight: 20 oz
- Width: 5 in
- Depth: 3 in
- Height: 7 in