Making a “Käse-Sahne Kiuchen” (a light, fluffy cheese cake made with yogurt and & whipped cream) from scratch is a difficult task for many home bakers. Dr. Oetker is the company that provides you with all the dry ingredient so that you can make the cake with sure results every time. This box contains 235g baking mix, 140g mix for the filling, 10g confectioners sugar.
Ingredients needed: 100g (3.5oz) butter, 3 medium size eggs, 500 gr. Greek yogurt (2% fat), 1 pint (475ml) heavy whipping cream, 200m warm water
- Grease a 26cm (10 in.) spring form with butter, cover with parchment paper, preheat oven to 340°F.
- Combine 3.5 oz butter and 3 eggs with baking mix and mix at highest speed for about 3 minutes until you get a smooth batter
- Pour batter into spring form, place on wire rack at lower third of the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Loosen cake from the springform, remove rim and cool on wire rack.
- Remove baking paper from bottom of the cake and cut lengthwise into two equal halves.
- Place 1 half onto cake platter and place the cleaned rim of the spring pan around the half
- Whip heavy cream at high speed until stiff peaks form
- Combine mix for filling with warm water. Stir in the Greek yogurt in portions and fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the yogurt/cream filling on the cake bottom inside the rim. Place top cake layer onto the filling, press lightly.
- Cool cake in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove rim carefully, sprinkle cake with confectioners sugar and serve.
Allergens: wheat; may contain traces of egg and milk
- Weight: 15 oz
- Width: 6 in
- Depth: 2 in
- Height: 9 in