Making “Quarkkuchen” (German cheese cake) from scratch is a difficult taks for many home bakers. Dr. Oetker is the company that provides you with all the dry ingredient soy need to make the cake with sure results every time. This box contains 300g baking mix and 270g mix for the topping.
Ingredients needed: 250g (8.8 oz) butter, 4 eggs, 750 gr. Greek yogurt (2% fat), 1 tbs vegetable oil,1 tbsp. grated lemon peel (1 lemon)
- Grease a 26cm (10 in.) springform with oil or butter, preheat oven to 350°F of 320°F in convection oven.
- Combine 3.50oz butter and 1 egg with baking mix and mix at low speed until you get streusel.
- Place 2/3rd of the streusel on the bottom of the spring pan and press with a tablespoon to an even crust.
- Knead the remaining streusel mixture into a roll and spread/press against the wall of the spring form all around, forming 2cm (about 1 in) rim
- Place mix for topping into bowl. Add 150g (5.3 oz) melted butter, 3 eggs, 500 Greek yogurt, lemon peel. Mix at lowest level until smooth.
- Pour cream into spring form, smooth the surface.
- Place spring form into lower third level of the oven. Bake for about 55 minutes. Cool cake on a wire rack Loosen cake from the spring form with a knife. Let cool and serve.
Allergens: wheat; may contain traces of egg and milk
- Weight: 22 oz
- Width: 6 in
- Depth: 2 in
- Height: 9 in