This baking mix will enable you to make a perfect German Nusskuchen (hazelnut torte), with little preparation and time to bake. Perfect for whipping up a great dessert or afternoon cake when you’re tight in time.All dry ingredients included. Baking mix includes lots of coarsely ground hazelnuts.
You need: spring form pan (10″), 3/4 cup of soft butter, 4 medium eggs, parchment paper
- Cover spring form pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F
- Blend together baking mix, butter and eggs with electric mixer, first at low speed, then full power for about 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into spring form pan, smooth surface. Bake on lower rack for about 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife the moisture inside the cake after 25 minutes. Take out of the oven, when the cake has moisture of your liking
- Remove cake from the spring form and place on plate. Cover surface with confectioners sugar (included) and enjoy.
You can also use this mix to make a pound cake with chocolate glaze. From cake specialist Dr. Oetker GmbH, based in Bielefeld.
Allergens: Wheat, tree nuts, may contain traces of eggs or milk.
- Weight: 15 oz
- Width: 6 in
- Depth: 2 in
- Height: 8 in
- Badge: New