The “Salatkrönung” (lit. salad coronation) is a line of salad dressing mixes with carefully selected herbs, spices and natural flavors. Just add water and oil. You’ll get a great taste experience custom-made for specific salad greens, vegetable and other fresh ingredients.
“Feldsalat” (in English: lamb’s lettuce, mâche, nut lettuce, or Rapunzel salad) dressing mix contains parsley, chervil, lovage, garlic, and spring onions. Lamb’s lettuce can be found in many US health food and specialty food stores. The leaves, shaped like lamb’s ears, have a buttery flavor and very soft texture. It’s considered a delicacy in Germany. If you cannot find mâche, use Boston lettuce or red leaf lettuce instead,
Each pack makes about 120ml (4 oz) liquid dressing, enough for a 2 person salad.
May contain traces of gluten, egg, and celery.
MÂCHE or BOSTON LETTUCE WITH PEARS AND BLUE CHEESE
- 60g hazelnuts
- 400g pears (2 pieces)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, finely ground
- 150g Feldsalat (aka mâche, lamb’s lettuce) or Boston lettuce
- 2 bags Knorr Salatkrönung Feldsalat
- 6 tbsp. pear juice (or apple juice)
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 80g gorgonzola or similar aromatic blue cheese, like cambozola
- Coarsley chop hazelnuts, fry in a pan without fat or oil for a 3-4 min, let cool
- Wash pears, dry and cut into thin slices, discarding seeds. Mix slices with brown sugar and roast in pan until light brown-
- Wash Mâche salad, dry and plug into bite-size pieces. Mix content of Knorr Salatkrönung Feldsalat with pear )or apple= juice and oil. Mix dressing and lettuce well.
- Crumble blue cheese into small pieces. Mix pears into salad and top with cheese and nuts.
- Weight: 5 oz
- Width: 4 in
- Depth: 4 in
- Height: 5 in