- 1 lb pork loin or use boneless pork ribs
- 1 oz butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 lbs white asparagus
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup German pickles
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp chervil or use fresh tarragon and parsley
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Cut the pork loins or boneless pork ribs in slices. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the pork loin slices for 3 minutes on each side, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Peel the asparagus. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan and add a teaspoon of both salt and sugar. Cook asparagus for about 15 minutes, then remove, allow to drain and keep warm.
- Peel the onion and pickle and puree in a blender. Peel the hard-boiled eggs and chop finely. Mix together the eggs, crème fraîche and the onion, pickle mixture. Season with salt, pepper and chervil.
- Pour the sauce on to the asparagus and serve with the pork loin, accompanied by boiled potatoes and heated or cherry tomatoes.