Würstchen in Schlafrock
An easy adaptation of Pigs in a Blanket using puff pastry dough. The German name of this favorite party snack literally translates as Little sausage(s) in bathrobe.
- 8 sheets puff pastry frozen
- 8 Wiener sausages
- 2 egg yolks
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets according to the instruction on the package.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 sausage on each one of the puff pastry squares and roll it up diagonally from the corner.
- Arrange the wrapped sausages on a baking sheet and baste with the egg yolk.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite German mustard.