Mini Würstchen Pita
Kid-friendly recipe for tortilla or pita filled with coleslaw or salad, crème fraiche dressing, and mini sausage links.
- 4 oz coleslaw*
- salt and pepper
- 1 jar Mini Wini Sausage Links 30 cocktail sausages = 190 g
- 2 small pita breads or tortillas
- !For the sauce:
- 1 tub crème fraiche 125 g, approx. 4-1/2 oz
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chives
Recipe courtesy of Meica
- Clean and peel the carrot and the cucumber and chop finely. Mix with the onions, lettuce and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. (Or use pre-made coleslaw.)
- Drain the Mini Winis and cut them into four smaller sausage chains.
- Toast the pitas lightly, cut them sideways, open them up and fill them with the coleslaw or the salad, and the Mini Winis.
- Mix the crème fraîche, milk and lemon juice till smooth. Season with the herbs, salt, pepper and a little sugar and add it to the top of the Mini Wini pita.
Preparation time: approx. 15 minutes *or 1 carrot, 1/4 cucumber and a mixture of chopped onions, tomatoes and lettuce