- 16 ounces frozen French bread dough thawed
- non-stick spray
- 3 medium yellow onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup imported German red cabbage with apples
- 4 oz imported German Brie with herbs
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Stretch bread dough into a 10-inch circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes, then stretch into a 15-inch circle. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop onions. Heat non-stick spray in a large skillet, and add onion slices and salt. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft; turn heat to medium-low and cover. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and caramelizing. Add 1/4 cup water and continue cooking until completely caramelized and no bitterness remains.
- Spread onions onto pre-baked tart, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Top with cabbage, apples and bits of cheese. Sprinkle with thyme. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.